- Foster a warm and nurturing classroom environment for toddlers, ensuring their physical, emotional, and cognitive well-being.
- Develop and implement engaging and developmentally appropriate lesson plans based on the center’s curriculum and philosophy.
- Plan and organize daily activities, including group experiences, individual exploration, outdoor play, art, music, and language development.
- Maintain a safe and clean classroom, adhering to health and safety guidelines and regulations.
- Observe and assess children’s progress, documenting their achievements, challenges, and developmental milestones.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with parents, providing updates on their child’s development, behavior, and daily activities.
- Collaborate with fellow teachers and administrators to support the center’s goals and maintain a cohesive educational program.
- Participate in professional development opportunities to enhance your teaching skills and stay updated on the latest research and best practices in early childhood education.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field.
- New York State Child Development Associate (CDA) certificate.
- Proven experience working as a lead teacher or a similar role in a toddler classroom setting.
- Strong knowledge of child development principles and age-appropriate teaching strategies.
- Ability to create a supportive and inclusive classroom environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to engage with children, parents, and colleagues effectively.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine love for working with toddlers.
- Familiarity with state licensing regulations and compliance standards.
- CPR and First Aid certification (or willingness to obtain them).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com